Monday, May 4, 2009

Cuba


cuba_car
Originally uploaded by simcoemedia
Flickr post.
I've really enjoyed browsing through the countless images on Flickr. The difficult part is trying to select an image for this post. Initially I searched for images from nature, then Art and Architecture, followed by Archaeological sites and then onto photos of my favourite early 80's 'punk/new wave' bands. There are so many great images that it's almost impossible to choose just one. Finally my procrastinating had to come to an end. So what image would I select? After watching the first episode of Monty Don's Around the World in 80 gardens which featured Cuba, I decided to search for images of Havana. I was intrigued by the combination of classic 50's American cars and Havana's crumbling Colonial Architecture. I quite like the composition, the light and the blue accents of the inserted image.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/simcoemedia/2315022299/

No comments:

Post a Comment