Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Finding Feeds

Finding Feeds was, at first, the least interesting exercise for me. Searching for images on Flickr is much more entertaining. As I suspected I'm not too interested in the majority of other people's blogs (give me face to face conversation anytime). When I initially browsed Technorati my opinion wasn't altered especially when I looked at the top 10 most popular blog searches:

1. Taskbar (?) 2. News 3. Environment 4. Jennifer Garner (is she really that interesting?) 5. Men 6. Cheat codes 7. Google 8. Paris Hilton (why?) 9. Jennifer Anniston (what?) 10. Vanessa Minnillo (who??) - It takes all kinds I suppose

I wonder why a generic search for 'Men' is popular but a general search for 'Women' is less popular than searches for specific individuals of this gender?

After some random searches I discovered that I was actually having fun. I particularly liked the timelapse videos. Many an hour could be fritted away 'playing' (play is a habit encouraged by 23 Things remember) in Technorati. I thought I'd share the following video with anyone who might be interested.

1 comment:

  1. I still don't get the Jennifer Garner thing. It was the same when I did that exercise. I just don't understand!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete