Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Library Thingamajig


Eventually managed the simple task of creating a Library Thing account. Well, OK I may well have created 3,207 separate accounts when 1 would have sufficed - obviously a computer error. (How will I ever remember all the usernames and passwords?) Thank you Karen J. Mc for putting up with my cursing and for your invaluable assistance. The suggested username of Camry wasn't appreciated quite as much though.
I'm content with the cataloguing of books taking place in IR&T and with the actual reading of books occuring at home, so I can't see any practical, personal use of this software eventuating at 7 Lawrence Ave. Was a little disappointed that I couldn't find any matches for my collection of Dick and Dora books and with the lack of available covers for anything printed over 20 years ago. Yes, most of my purchases occurred many, many moons ago and were obtained from second-hand bookshops. Therefore the covers featured in my Library Thing catalogue may not exactly match the actual books on my home bookshelves (yes I cheated). My Library Thing catalogue can be found where X marks the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment