Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Del.icio.us Tagging and Discovery


Any doubters click here for proof that I've discovered the joys of Del.icio.us tagging.
I'm possibly not quite as enthusiastic about Del.icio.us as some 23 Things participants seem to be. Maybe this is due to the fact that I have only around 10 different tag categories in Del.icio.us at the moment. I've come to the realisation that I don't have that diverse a range of interests; books, design (see Philippe Starck's juicer above), sport, current affairs and gardening about sums it up (something to do with my obsessive personality perhaps?). Nevertheless I can see that over time my range of tag categories could increase substantially.
I initially thought just adding 'favourite' sites to my internet bookmarks was sufficient to my needs rather than laboriously adding and tagging each entry into Del.icio.us. Using Del.icio.us does enable me to access my Del.icio.us bookmarks from any computer with internet access; no need for my favourite bookmarks to be replicated on every computer that I use. The "RSS feeds for these bookmarks" option is also a very handy little tool providing the latest updates of all sites in any selected tag category.
OK, this cynic has been won over.


1 comment:

  1. It's the portability that has won me over. There have been so many times when I've been home and really wishing I could remember that website I bookmarked... not a problem now :-)

    ReplyDelete