Wednesday, June 24, 2009

NetLibrary Audiobooks


First things first I must confess that I can't ever see a time when I would prefer an audiobook to a version in print format (despite the joys of new technologies that the 23 Things Discovery Exercise has introduced me to). Give me the smell of ink and paper, the crinkle and rustle of pages, the texture of binding anytime.

Time to create my account to NetLibrary through the PLCMC website. Surprise, surprise the message I receive is:

"We apologize, but the page you have requested is currently unavailable". Hmmmmm.

Even though the UniSA Library doesn't subscribe to any eAudiobooks through NetLibrary I did still search for audiobooks on NetLibrary and out of the 1,300+ available items discovered some titles of interest:
Gullible's Travels: The Adventures of a Bad Taste Tourist

Mr. Chickee's Funny Money

Keep Your Brain Alive: 83 Neurobic Exercises to Help Prevent Memory Loss and Increase Mental Fitness (could be very valuable at my time of life)

Beating Back the Devil: on the Front Lines With the Disease Detectives of the Epidemic Intelligence Service

My Tank Is Fight!: Deranged Inventions of WWII

CrazyBusy: Overstretched, Overbooked, and About to Snap: Strategies for Coping in a World Gone ADD

and my personal favourite...................................

Temporary Sanity

No comments:

Post a Comment