Monday, June 29, 2009

One Last Post

Well I've entered the stadium with just one lap to negotiate before I break through the tape and end this marathon that is 23 Things. This journey has slightly resembled a marathon. Sometimes a grind or test of endurance; juggling usernames and passwords, technology failing me, me failing technology, finding that what I envisaged would take one hour takes four, feeling entirely exhausted with no end in sight. At other times completely 'in the zone' playing with Flickr photos and Image Generators, YouTube videos and Hairmixer, the hours seemingly rushing by effortlessly. Just, as I can only imagine, like a competitor at the end of a marathon I'm experiencing a feeling of satisfaction, achievement, contentment and even elation that I've completed this learning activity (surely I'm not going to stumble with the finish line so close?). But honestly this hasn't really been like a marathon. Surely marathon runners don't experience pleasure, don't enjoy themselves and without doubt never laugh out loud uncontrollably? Because at times during this exercise I have experienced these things, mainly due to the blogs created by the UniSA Library's other 23 Things participants. Sometimes it was Simpsonizer images, another time a James May video, or on more than one occasion the Death Star Canteen video link. The images either created or discovered and added to everyone's posts have been, on occasion, spectacular and beautiful.

This has been a most worthwhile exercise and I recommend it to all. Strangely I think I'm going to miss it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/smnda/166360343/

No comments:

Post a Comment