Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Podcasting




Time to discover searchtools to locate podcasts. Yahoo Podcasts seems to have disappeared into the ether. The only trace left behind is the "Sorry the page you requested can't be found" message. Accessing Podcast.net only produced the infamous "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. OK, hopefully third time lucky. Hooray Podcastalley.com works! As with many of the Web 2.0 technologies the choice is immense. I thought the Tourcaster site could be useful. "Tourcaster is a free service that provides downloadable audio tours of locations around the world." I couldn't get this podcast to work on the UniSA Library's VLC Media Player or Windows Media Player (technology doesn't like me) so I downloaded a podcast aggregator onto my home pc. I listened to the feed below to compare the audio tour to my experience of Valletta almost 20 years ago. Seemingly, not much has changed.


After much browsing I concentrated on the Food and Drink podcast genre (how predictable). I eventually subscribed to the Napa Valley Wine Radio by adding it to my Bloglines account. Hmmm now I'm thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment